Sunday, May 30, 2010

Nashville Flood 2010


Well...where do I start. I haven't posted lately due to the fact that exactly one month ago today my home was part of the 2010 Nashville flood. This was one of Tennessee's largest natural disasters in history. The devastation was mind blowing. No One could have predicted the amount of damage that this flood brought to Nashville and all the surrounding counties. And even though I lost plenty, there are others who lost so much more. So please, everyone, PRAY for ALL the counties in Tennessee affected by this disaster for swift resolution and peace of mind. I haven't been able to venture too far from my own neighborhood to take pictures and talk with other people because everyday is consumed with endless phone calls, lots of cleaning and quick decisions. The end of the day comes so quick. It only seems like a week ago that the flood took place not a month but at 7:30am Sunday May 2nd, my life along with thousands of others changed forever. And by that afternoon Jeff, myself, and two cats in a duffle bag were rescued by climbing into a boat out of a second story bedroom window, an event I hope to never repeat.

Following are some photos starting with the flood approaching, the first entry into the home after the flood, to demolition and dry out. There are so so many people to thank at this point for helping with so many things. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all the help I have received from everyone in my life and from others who don't even know me. I'm not sure I can ever thank everyone enough but I'm certainly going to try:)

























































No comments:

Post a Comment