Sunday, November 15, 2009

CMA Week 2009





Ok, so here we go. Last week was hectic. Lots of preparation goes into making everyone look fabulous for the many award shows that encompass the week's festivities. It kicks off with the SESAC Nashville Awards and the BMI Country Awards. These spotlight the top hit makers in writing and publishing. It then concludes with Country Music's biggest night, the CMA Awards. All three venerate the best that Country Music has to offer.
My week started with getting Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum ready for the SESAC Awards where she was honored for her contributions in the songs "Looking for a Good Time", "I Run to You", and "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". Here is a quick peek of her hair and make-up before she left my studio to walk the red carpet as well as one with her bandmates after receiving her award. Congratulations Hillary!!!!
My next venture was getting Julianne Hough camera ready to present Vocal Duo of the Year Award CMA night. Here's a pic I took in the dressing room right before heading to the stage and also one of her presenting the award with Dale Earnhardt Jr. Kudos to Julianne again for doing a "semi" repeat of last years CMA's for flying in the day of the show and 5 hours later walking out on stage looking fabulous. Girl, I don't know how you do it.
All in all, everyone looked great. The show was a blast. Especially, hanging out backstage where I got to visit with all my fellow stylists and friends and perform the yearly elbow brush with Kid Rock for my friend Bambi who is a professed Kid Rock fanatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment